- Book your removalist– remember book removalists weeks in advance, as many removalists book up quite quickly and you may miss out on the date you want.
- Gather boxes– We sell our own boxes here at Brisk Transport and we also offer a delivery service as well upon ordering with us.
- Purchase used boxes– great money saving tip – look on gumtree or your local Facebook buy and sell groups to purchase used boxes.
- Purge as you pack– take the opportunity while packing to purge items you no longer use. Sell, donate or throw these items away, don’t take items you no longer use to clutter up the new house. If you don’t have the opportunity to part with them before the move label the box to sell or donate so you don’t unpack it.
- Colour code the boxes– colour coding boxes so it’s easy to identify which room they belong in.
- Keep it light– don’t make boxes too heavy, it’s easy to fill them up but consider how much they will weigh, you don’t want the bottom to break away